Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Knitting and Crochet


For mutual this week the Mia Maids and Laurels attempted to learn to knit or crochet. We didn't get very far and definitely could have used more time and probably a little more one on one. If either of these are skills you would like to learn though, I promise it is worth it! I thought I would post some resources to help you continue to learn at home. It would make a great Value Project!

For Knitting, these videos are great at teaching what you need to know:  

For Crochet,  I think these videos are a pretty good resource: 

If you aren't sure which one you want to try, do both. One will come more naturally to you, and both are great! The possibilities really are endless and once you get the hang of it, it's easy. Have fun exploring all of the different things you could make. Also if you need help finding ideas I can help point you in some different directions, or if you find a project you'd like to try I'd be more than happy to help. (I am an expert with a hook, and if you want someone who doesn't hold their knitting needles like an awkward T-Rex--well, I do have some connections.) 

I can't wait to see what you'll make!

Knitting Gnome by Sara Harvey

No comments:

Post a Comment