Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hiking In Snow

Yesterday my dad and I went hiking up at Brighton and we saw Dog lake, Lake Mary, Lake Martha, and Lake Catherine(shown in photo). Normally I would turn down any hiking trip, but I was peer pressured by my gnome(Paris from the movie Gnomeo and Juliet haha!) so I went. At some times I wanted to just give up because it hurt to move uphill but I kept on going mostly I was going to reward myself with food:) There were a lot of snow patches which I thought was going to be impossible to cross, but I realized that other people made paths with their footsteps which was obvious many people used them. I was thankful for the steps in the snow because otherwise I could have been sliding down the mountain! While walking we talked about the book of Revelation, and I remember in seminary that the things talked about in the book are either absolute or symbolic(like a dragon with 7 heads is just gonna appear on the earth, its symbolic). Which led me to think if the Iron rod is either absolute or symbolic, although I didn't get my answer I related it to the snow patches. I knew I had to step in the marks but I didn't have to, I could have stepped really low and accidentally slipped and fell. The people in the scriptures either could stay close to the Iron rod or go to the building and fall off a cliff. The same is in real life because we can either choose the right or the wrong, and just because we have free agency it doesn't mean we can just do whatever. Well the hike was beautiful and it was crazy to think that it was once underwater! and Paris had fun too:)
~Kaitlin:)



1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing. I loved the analogy between the snow paths and the iron rod! Loved the picture of Paris too. :)

    ReplyDelete