Sunday, March 10, 2013

Women in the Scriptures




How many women do you think are in the scriptures? The answer may surprise you. There are 556 women mentioned in the scriptures, and 428 parables or prophecies that specifically address or mention women! 

I hope you Mia Maids and Laurels are aware that our "Women of the Scripture Feast" is coming up on April 2, and I hope you'll start preparing for it now.  Please pick a woman from the scriptures to study and get to know, and then at our feast you will share with us what you've learned about her. Don't just read her story to us--I want you to think about what her life was like, and what you can learn from her. You have a couple of weeks to prepare, so you shouldn't have to scramble at the last minute to come up with something.

If you are having a hard time deciding who you want to study, here are a couple of blogs dedicated to the study of the women in the scriptures:


and


Take a look around them because they have a great list of some of the women you could choose from.

Good Luck! I can't tell you how excited I am for this feast. The food will be delicious, but I am even more excited for you girls to get to know these amazing women. They have so much they can teach you, and I know those lessons will help you throughout your life--you just have to discover them!

1 comment: